Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Zoo time

I can't remember the last time I went to the zoo. I'm not even 100% sure that I have ever been to a real one. Let me just say I love the zoo. The animals are so cute, and even though they smell I can't think of anything better than seeing a tiger up close. The zoo was full of interesting animals like otters, lions, bears, giraffes, and anything else you can possibly imagine. However, my favorite was the penguins; not only are they my favorite animal, but they are so small and cute. I cannot wait until we get to see them on Phillip Island. I might die, or maybe just try to steal one instead. Watch out little guys, I'm coming for you.

While the zoo was awesome, all that walking had really tired me out. I hadn't showered in 24 hours and with the sun as an added factor I think I smelled worse than the animals, and that's saying something. Well after a well needed shower, the girls and I got ready to out to the city for some dinner. We went to Lygon Street in Melbourne; it is the Italian section of the city. You would think I would feel right at home, but the people outside the restaurants were so obnoxious. They would try to convince you to eat at their place and talk your ear off. I don't where I want to eat, but if you're going to annoy me chances are I won't be going where you work. That being said as annoying as they are one guy offered us 20% off the bill, and we got free garlic bread. (Yeah, I was surprised also that you didn't automatically get it for free.)

Well, the dinner was delicious. Liana and I split a bottle of red wine for dinner, and I also had pasta with avocado in it. It was one of the better Italian restaurant meals I've had. My mouth still waters just thinking about it. Emma, Madeline, Liana, and I didn't want to end our night after dinner, so we said goodbye to Erin and Catherine who headed back to Moonee Creek. The fearsome foursome headed out for an adventure, and that's what we found. We spent a good 20 minutes looking for the Rooftop Bar. We found it, but only after walking in just about every other direction. Maddie's feet were not happy about that.

The walk was worth it. We ended up finding the bar, and Liana and I hit up the bar immediately for some beer. I don't remember the name, but it was Italian. (I'm sensing a theme for my night.) It wasn't bad, but I just am not the biggest beer fan. I moved on to spirits for my next few drinks. Again, I tried to find myself a man, but that failed. I talked to Liana's friend Liam about Australian boys and he informed me about how Aussie men prefer to be picked up. I needed to have the balls to to go up and start the conversation. Well he thought it would be a good idea to try to pick up the bartender. It wasn't I failed miserably, and made myself look so stupid. I cringe at the thought of it. I had a few guys actually approach, but I have zero game. You could say I have the swagger of a cripple.

Emma drove us home at 2:30, and I was more than ready to go to bed. I had barely gotten my contacts out before my head hit the pillow.

Cheers, mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment