Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Club life


Madeline and I met all of Liana’s friends last night. We all went out to the club, which is not called Déjà vu, it’s called Deluxe. I like Deluxe much better. It sounds classier, and class was the theme of last night. Liana’s two friends Emma and Erin joined us and her two brothers, Liam and Aidan, and their friend Jordan in the cab. Let’s just say the cab pictures are funny.

The club had a drink special no drinks or shots over $5. I mean I guess that’s really good for being here. It didn’t really matter for me though; I didn’t buy drinks I just mooched off of her friends. Some of them even bought me drinks. They are so sweet down under.

Well, the girls are anyway. Guys suck. Well, club life is hard. The only guy I danced with last night was about my height. I know I’m going to sound like a bitch after I reveal how I handled the situation, but I’m on vacation. I’ll do what I want.

He was not what I wanted.

I tried to politely walk away, but then his friend came up to me and was all ‘my friend wants to dance with you.’ Well, I wasn’t having any of that. They say not to shoot the messenger; well the messenger typically isn’t asking you to dance with his short friend. (Confidence is key boys; if you want to dance with me, ask me yourself. Don’t send your friend, if you actually ask me yourself I might throw you a bone.) Well I bluntly told him I don’t dance with short guys. I had ‘been there done that and never going back.’

Let’s just say I don’t have a good record with short guys. I mean I don’t really have a good track record with any guy, but I especially hate short guys. Well, hopefully I’ll have better luck next time.

Even though the guys in the club didn’t find my American accent sexy and alluring the bouncer did. He was Middle Eastern though. We talked politics while we were waiting for a cab. You know just a normal night at the club. We ended up going back to the dance floor to help out one of Liana’s friends. Not everyone can keep up with the yanks.

Joke.

All things considered I think everyone had a great time. I know I did. Liana’s friends are some of the sweetest girls ever. I’m sad they didn’t come to the beach house with us, but that just means more time with my two favorite people. We’re off to the beach now, which as I explained doesn’t have wifi.

No phone. No Internet. It’s like I’m living in the Stone Age. And I love it. I have never been so relaxed. I know that’s the point of vacationing, but this is living the life. I never want to leave. I’m not ready to think about that yet. Though I will say I cannot afford Australia. Everything is double our price; then there is the conversion rate.

But if I were given the choice between America and Australia, there would be no contest. It doesn’t snow here, and everyone is so relaxed. The fashion is also amazing. It’s like people dress to impress everyday. I’ve seen so many beautiful people in suits. (And Pete, I know you’re wondering this: Yes, there are fat people in Australia. There aren’t as many as America, but they exist.)

The only thing that is keeping me coming back to America is my family and friends. So come on guys, let’s make the move. Trust me, it’s worth it.

Cheers, mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment