Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Life's a beach


I’m just playing in the sand. Liana, Madeline, and I ventured to Ocean Grove. It is a beach similar to any other; although I noticed that it was much windier than any beach I’ve been to. Both Maddie and Liana enjoyed the breeze, but I would’ve preferred it to be hotter than hot.

Then again, I was the one who spent the most time in the water. Speaking of which, it was pretty cold. It was nowhere near as warm as the Gulf of Mexico. (That was the last beach I was at.) But it was still refreshing.

It was your typical day at the beach. Both my beach buddies got sunburned even though they used sunscreen; and Madeline and I both experienced ‘beach flirting’. There were heaps of hot guys on the beach, and they all seemed to have some type of ball with them. Apparently beach flirting is hitting girls with their balls. I was not too pleased. I doubt anyone would appreciate being woken up by a soccer ball to the leg. I guess I should be happy it wasn’t a football to the head.

That’s right I said football. They have them here, but they don’t throw them with their hands. They kick them to each other with their feet. It looks so bizarre. I wanted to go over there and tell them they were doing it wrong, but I refrained. I don’t want to be that crazy American.

Instead I made a turtle in the sand. His name was Crush. I say was because Liana killed him. It was a very sad day. Still we went around drawing things in the sand and taking loads of pictures. We even did the touristy thing and asked locals to take our picture. (The thought of which made Liana cringe.)

After a few hours at the beach we were all starved, and decided to go to the super market to buy some food. We picked up some yummy things, but we should’ve picked up aloe and cold medicine. Not only are Maddie and Liana burned, but also Maddie is sick. She keeps getting progressively worse, and I’m freaking out I’ll get sick. (Knock on wood.) Thankfully I haven’t had anything too horrible happen to me. (Well, besides having Sasquatch dig her heel into my toe at the club. It still hurts. There’s that and a weird calve cramp I’ve had for the last two days, but I’ll take that over sunburn and a cold any day.)

After picking up food we went back to the beach house where Liana made us tea and heated up the pasta her mom made for us. Both were delicious. Australia is really making me want a teakettle; I’ve been drinking tea everyday since I got here. While we waited for dinner to be ready we all showered and watched TV. We watched That 70’s Show, Friends, and Zoo, which follows the life of animals in the zoo. The red pandas were my favorite.

After dinner we all sat down to watch The Roommate, which if you haven’t seen it don’t the plot line is horrible. But it was entertaining, because Liana kept saying how alike Madeline and the psycho roommate were. Honestly, I can see Maddie losing it and killing people.

We’re going to Torque beach today, which is one of Liana’s favorites. I can’t wait, but I’m not so sure how my friends are feeling. They’re going to need loads of sunscreen and heaps of water.

Cheers, mate.

P.S. Chemist = Pharmacy/Pharmacist
Power point = outlet

No comments:

Post a Comment