Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Tomorrow is the big day

I just woke up from one of the best slumbers I have ever had. Well, the best I can remember anyway, even if it was the on the Baum's couch. I don't know if it was the couch or the fact that my travel companion and I had a crazy night. By crazy night I mean, Madeline and I went to Target to get some last minute essentials like a travel pillow and disposable tooth brushes. Then we went to Barnes and Noble to find a book for the plan. I really want to read The Vow. I think it's a book at least. Well, we got there when the store was closing and there were over 100 books with that title, so we struck out there. Next, we went to Culvers, Maddie's work, and talked to the owners for a bit; nice people, even if they do hate people from Illinois. Finally, we came home to relax and ended up watching Danny Devito in Deck the Halls, which I found to be a very funny movie. But then again, I love anything Danny Devito does.

It's strange to believe that even though I leave tomorrow it's still more than 24 hours away. (My flight to Chicago leaves at 3 or 4 something...) After we depart from LAX, Madeline and I will still have to wait 18 hours to get to Melbourne. We leave on our Sunday, but we won't get there until their Tuesday! I know it's crazy. On the plus side we get there at 9:00 AM so we won't waste anytime sleeping; I hope.

At least I will have something to do or the flight there. My parents met at lady who graduated from Mizzou at the Illinois State Parents Weekend. They talked about me (surprise, surprise) and it came up that I should contact her for a possible internship. Well, I did; now I need to make a resume and email it to a different guy in the company. If all goes well I will hopefully get the internship, and it would be amazing if the internship was a paid internship that could go towards me getting instate tuition.

Well, we've got a busy day ahead of us.

Cheers, mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment