Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

trip of a lifetime

When I was first asked to spend my winter break in Australia I could envision the trip I would never take. The idea that I would be leaving the country to send the holidays down under seemed like another one of my daydreams that would never come true. Even if I could somehow come up with the money, there was no way in hell my parents would let me miss family Christmas. When I asked my parents if I could go I was shocked that they would even consider the idea. The whole charade seemed like a cruel way my parents were toying with my emotions.

But then I found out that I had done the impossible. I had convinced my parents in four days to allow me to leave the country, and miss family Christmas. The news came as a shock, and even now I still can't believe that I'm going. To make things better I will traveling with my friend Madeline Baum. And this was all made possible because of our friend Liana Neri, who conveniently lives in Australia, and decided to study aboard so we could meet her.

And now with 17 days until my plan takes off for the Gold Coast. The plan is to spend Christmas with the Neri's in Melbourne, and then a few days later it's off to Sydney to bring in the New Year. And on New Year's Day the three amigos are of to Cairns (pronounced [ˈkeːnz]). Our plans include hitting up the pool/beach, climbing the Sydney Harbor Bridge, and possibly snorkeling and surfing.


While I can't wait for this trip to start. I can't imagine how I'm supposed to pack everything I'll need in one suitcase, but I'll have to try. 


TIme to 'send it down south'. Cheers, mate!

No comments:

Post a Comment