Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

To meat or not to meat

From left to right, emu, kangaroo, and crocodile.
There really wasn't a question. When you have the chance to sample emu, kangaroo, crocodile you go for it. I ate the exotic dishes at the Melbourne (pronounced mel - burn) market. I know, being a vegetarian it is completely against my values, but I don't know when the next chance I'll get to eat it will be. I mean, its definitely authentic.

Looks delicious right. The emu reminded me of a sausage or a brat (if I had ever eaten those). The kangaroo had the same texture as meatloaf (or so I remember, I never really liked meatloaf). As for the crocodile, it was very similar to chicken. I'm sure that crocodile would've been my favorite if I hadn't eaten it cold. I ate the croc last. Honestly, I don't particularly miss meat. It has a chewy, gross texture. I'm still glad I tried it, but I don't plan on becoming a carnivore anytime soon.

Also had my first bit of alcohol today. Yummy sangria. I didn't even get carded! Which is kind of disappointing. Although when people see my ID they seem very confused. That's all for now.

Cheers, mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment