Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sovereign Hill

Sovereign Hill is a place trapped in time. It dates back to the 1850's, and let me tell you the 'hill' is no joke. It's more like a mountain paved out of tiny rocks. Walking was a bit of a challenge, but it was so worth it. Liana's dad Rodi took us girls, and the four of us made our way through time. It was quite entertaining. We saw the school, and a bunch of other places.

We even watched gold get remolded, and we took a ride down into a restored mine. The ride down was so relaxing. It was pitch black; you couldn't see you own hand if it was two inches in front of your face. We also had a chance to pin for gold. If this excursion taught me anything it's that I could never be a miner, or live in the 1800's. It was hot and there was no air conditioning. Don't even get me started on the tiny 'houses' they used to live in.

The day took a lot out of me. I actually fell asleep on the car ride home. We then bummed around for a bit, and actually ended up watching Sex and the City. Liana's mom has the whole set. We didn't even make it through season one, before I passed out.

Cheers, mate.

P.S. I also had fish and chips for dinner. Well technically it was shark and fries, but hey it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment