Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Life's a beach part two


Madeline, Liana, and I ventured out yet again to the beach. Only this time we went to Lorne (pronounced like Lauren). The weather was beautiful; hot with a slight breeze. It was nothing like Ocean Grove, as far as wind goes. It was so hot on the beach that we all went deep into the water to cool down.

We spent time hopping with the waves. We even talked to some locals about shark attacks. They assured us they rarely happen, but then proceed to tell us how the sharks tend to hang out by the pier. The pier was definitely a ways away, but still. We were technically swimming in ‘shark infested waters’ according to Maddie.

Other than that it was a typical day at the beach. It was a scenic two-hour ride to the beach that included seeing cliffs and other parts of the Australian landscape. We also saw the local beach houses, which I must say they looked really cool. There was a house that was held up by a single pole; I’m talking two stories above the ground. I wish I had taken a picture of it.

I did however have a chance to take pictures of the rocks that we climbed. They were covered in muscles. It was definitely an experience. We also came across a crab in the water, along with several small fish. We saw quite of bit of water life. It felt great to explore and switch thing up from lying around all day trying to soak up the sun.

We ended our beach excursion with yummy ice cream from Stone Cold. It was surprisingly similar to Cold Stone, only with different ice cream flavors and candies. I got cookie dough, which was also called Oreo cookie, but all that was really in it was chocolate chips. Regardless of what was actually in the ice cream, it was delicious. The sweet treat held us over until dinner, which Liana’s mom prepared for us to take.

It was a spicy vegetable sauce with bowtie noodles. It reminded me of vegetarian chili. I ate myself into a food coma. Thankfully we’re sitting down to watch Christmas movie, but I can’t help but think I’m going to fall asleep mid-movie as a result of my binge eating. It was just too good; I couldn’t help myself.

Well the movie is beginning.

Cheers, mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment