Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve

My beach bums and I left paradise and returned back to Liana's home. It felt great to come back after a day full of shopping and driving. We might have left Torque, but I will always have a reminder of the beach with me, well in my jewelry box anyway. In the mist of all the beach shops I found a beautiful turquoise bracelet, and I'm proud to say it was a steal. We actually did quite of bit of window shopping, and me and Madeline both found something.

We all found something at Mackers to eat, even though it got the better of all three of us. It was nice not to worry about dinner. The only thing standing in the way between me and Diane's delicious meal was Christmas mass.

Madeline and I joined Liana's family at a local Catholic church. It was surprisingly similar to the services we have back in the states, however some of the words in the prayers were different. There was also the fact that we were all sweating in the heat. That certainly doesn't happen in Chicago.

After sweating like a 'sinner in church' it felt great to come back to the house and have dinner waiting for us. I tried lentil patties, which were delicious by the way. There was also a yummy salad, and fish. I forget what the fish was called, but I would compare it to tilapia.

Then we all sat down to watch Carols by Candlelight. It's an Australian Christmas special. The crowd actually lights candles. It's pretty cool to see. I can't wait for Christmas to come tomorrow. Well, I'm expecting Santa to come any minute now.

Cheers, mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment