Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

Boxing day

I've never understood the allure of Black Friday shopping. Then again, I have never been an actual shopper. I was on the working side; and I hated it. Today, however I changed roles and joined the masses of people on the hunt for a great deal. It seemed to be fun at first, but than I heard the dreaded beeping of the sensor machines and the roar of the crowd. It brought back all the horrible memories my working days. Days I dread returning to.

I did, however, find some great deals and got a few things. I don't think they were worth all the pushing, shoving, and rude people crowding the mall. I can't described how relieved I was to finally make it back to Liana's and crash on the couch.


The day wasn't over though. Maddie, Liana, Aidan, Jordan, and I had another adventure we had to go on. We took a walk on the wild side in search for some kangaroos, and we found them alright. There were at least 30 of them in their mob. (That's what a group of kangaroos is called; a mob. I'm not kidding). It was really cool to see them. Some of them were even boxing each other. Aside from the roos we saw heaps of butterflies and other bugs, but that was about it.

After every adventure the explorers need a victory meal. That's exactly what we had. Emma's house wasn't far away, so we went there for dessert. She had left over chocolate cake from Christmas. We ate outside, and let me just say her house has a beautiful spacious set up. The layout confused me a bit though. It wasn't anything like the architecture we have in the states. We sat and talked for a bit with Emma when Erin arrived. Out of all the Aussie she has my favorite accent; just the way she talks seems so different. She's also hysterical. She went swimming with her phone and broke it; maybe she needs to tell the story so it's actually funny.

Well, as the sun began to set it started to get colder so we went inside. It was then someone suggested going to see the Christmas lights around the neighborhood. I must say they were nothing like I had expected. The majority of them were just like the ones back home, but then we would see houses that put the normal houses to shame. These houses were not only covered with Christmas lights, but they had window displays you could go up to look at. One house had things move when you clapped. It was unreal.

At this point it was pretty late, and I was ready for bed. So we headed back to the house, and I pretty much jumped into bed. It's kind of sad because John came over last night. (He's the boy their family is jokingly trying to set me up with.) Oh rats. Next time.

Cheers, mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment