Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Things I will miss about Australia

I have had the time of my life in Australia. Since being here I've missed a lot of things from back home. But I've come to realize that I will miss a lot of things about Australia, and as depressing as it is I've made a list.

I will miss Buddy, and how obedient he is.
I will miss Georgia. Though I've only seen her once since being here I'll miss her sweet personality.
I will miss Aidan and Liam. They make the funniest faces.
I will miss Catherine, who understand my need for people to respect boundaries.
I will miss Emma who continuously makes me laugh.
I will miss Erin, who not only has my favorite Aussie accent, but also reminds me so much of my friends back home.
I will miss Rodi. He not only was there for my first fish 'n chips, but he also informed me that I was eating shark.
I will miss Brad and his Australian humor, even if I don't understand it.
I will miss Diane. She is an amazing cook, and she made me feel at home. She also is my second favorite Aussie accent.
I will miss the market.
I will miss shapes.
I will miss the warmth of the sun.
I will miss times spent with my two best friends.
I will miss relaxing with no worries.
I will miss the accents.
I will miss tax included.
I will miss not tipping.
I will miss drinking legally.
I will miss the pies.
I will miss the wallabys and the penguins.

But most of all I will miss Liana. She is the reason I am here having the time of my life. She is one of the most difficult people to read, and can be super sarcastic at times. But she has a great heart. It will be weird waking up and not having her there to talk to. She won't be there to talk boys and club life. She won't be there to laugh at my jokes, and she won't be there to make me laugh in return. I would like to say I wish I had never met her, but that would be too easy. I can't imagine my life without, and as hard as it is go to I count the days until she comes back to America. I have already begun save up for my next trip to Australia, and even though Madeline and I are leaving we aren't saying goodbye. It's just a see you later.

Well that's it. I've closed one chapter of my life. It kills me to say this but this is my last post for this blog. So for one final time...

Cheers, mate.

P.S. If you want to continue reading my work check out my other blog, Bearnecessities

1 comment:

  1. By the time you read this, you will have landed. By the time you read this I hope you are safely back home and sitting in the family room telling us all you time down under. By the time you read this you will have been thinking of your next great adventure.

    Things I will miss about your Blog:
    I will miss your colorful words.
    I will miss reading about the places you visited.
    I will miss hearing about the foods you tried.
    I will miss the pictures.
    I will miss your thoughts.
    I will miss this blog.

    I won't be missing you as you will be home.
    I won't have to Skype to see or talk to you, I can now call you.
    I won't have to only read about your trip because you can share it in person.
    I won't have you 16 time zones away because you'll will be home.

    It makes me proud that you took the time to share this trip with all who wanted to follow it. For me it was like I was there with you and your friends. I can't wait for you to open the next chapter in your life, I am sure that it will be as exciting as this one has become

    Love Dad.

    ReplyDelete