Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Crossing the t's and dotting the i's

And getting the rest of the souvenirs I need to take back. I am happy to say that I am pretty much done with shopping. It was fun and all, but much like Christmas, I feel so stressed trying to get the perfect gift for my family members. I am relieved to say that I am done; unless I find something that someone would absolutely. Now I can sit back and enjoy what is left of my holiday.

Speaking of enjoyment, Madeline and I decided that we want to enjoy the best of what Australia has to offer. Translation: We had Shapes and pies for lunch. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. The girls and I also got the rest of our Great Barrier Reef photos developed. They aren't great but they were still cool to look at. I also bought an Australian Cosmo (the magazine, not the drink). They might be full of crap, but I'm addicted.

When we finally got back from our errand running, and relaxed. We watched the Australian classic Looking for Alibrandi. I wasn't watching it super close but it was really good. It's weird to think that despite the fact that we are growing up thousands of miles away, the problems we face are still the same.

And one problem we all face is club life. Emma, Liana, Madeline, and I went to Cheers last night. You know Cheers, the place where everyone know your name. Well, I'm not sure anyone knew our names, but that was fine. We danced up a storm. Though I must say as long as I am here I don't think I will ever get used to guys dancing like girls. You know what I'm talking about; they are singing their hearts out and moving their hips in ways they should never move. I can't help but laugh when I see a grown man belting out firework. One thing that was nice about club life is that when the bartender makes an extra drink you get it for free. On this night Madeline was the lucky one.

We danced some more, but eventually got all tuckered out and we went home. Emma slept over with us, and ended up kicking Liana on to the couch. I don't remember actually falling asleep I was too tired even after the nap I took in the middle of the day.

Cheers, mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment